Friday, April 18, 2008

Come Join the Fun 
Pikeville KY Hillbilly Days

You just can't take yourself to seriously during Hillbilly Days.  Here's our Kentucky Insurance staff on a old hillbilly car

We're gonna go play





The world of Kentucky Insurance may march on; but this Kentucky insurance agent is ready for a little R & R. It's been a cold dreary winter, and the promise of a glorious mountain spring is literally shouting my name. Did I mention that plate of deep-battered fried oreos mounded high with powdered sugar calling to me?



I don't care if you call me a Hillbilly or not. I just don't. I was born up in the flatlands of Northern Kentucky, educated in the genteel Bluegrass region, and married a fine eastern Kentucky mountain man. I am just as comfortable in a pair of Charles David high heels, as my old cowboy boots. That's the beauty of being a Kentuckian, we have all kinds of choices and when it comes to regionalism, well I'm a little bit of all of them.



With all of that said, I'm signing off for the weekend. Charlie's family is in, including a toddler great nephew we need to spoil. The weather here in Pikeville is fabulous, with not a cloud in the sky. There's several venues for outdoor music around offering everything from Pop, Bluegrass, Christian Rock, and Folk melodies.
(Catch our receptionist Healther Stiltner at the East Ky Expo center plaza on Saturday around 2 PM...the "Downtown Groove")Of course, we'll have a spectacular (or spectacle...depending on your point of view) parade on Saturday, followed by a performance by Kansas at the East Ky Expo.



So I've blogged, the website is open 24/7, and we're gone Hillbillin'. Come on down and be with us!



Charlie Pinson Insurance will be CLOSED at 12:30 Today Friday. For Kentucky Insurance Quotes, Claims, and Information visit our Kentucky Insurance website.

No comments: